Don’t trust your valuable rugs to just anyone. Our Company cares for the finest rugs from around the world since 1992. Some area rugs can be cleaned in your home. Some cannot. Any loose rug with a woven backing should be cleaned in the plant. This includes all Orientals and machine woven rugs.
For a thorough cleaning of your fine rugs our company will pick your rugs up and clean them in a specially designed facility. Plant cleaning offers the advantage of a more thorough cleaning and a controlled environment. Your rug will be cleaned according to the following important steps…
- Step 1: Pre-Inspection and Pick Up. – We will determine as much as we possibly can about the type of rug and inherent qualities that may affect cleaning. We will outline the expected results and cleaning
- Step 2: Dry Soil Removal. – Woven rugs, especially hand knotted rugs are designed to hide dry soil. A few years ago, the Eureka company did a study and found that a 9 x 12 could hide 85 pounds of dirt!! WOW! We use a variety of techniques to “dust” the rugs from the front and back.
- Step 3: Pre-Condition. – Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
- Step 4: Pre-Spot and Fringe Preparation. – Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal. The fringe is also pre-treated for maximum soil removal.
- Step 5: Shampoo. – Most rugs are cleaned with an Oriental Rug Shampoo that is especially designed to get maximum cleaning while protecting sensitive natural fibers.
- Step 6: Rinse or Wash. – Depending on the type of rug it will be rinsed with extraction equipment on both sides or washed in a wash pit designed especially for Oriental Rugs.
- Step 7: Speed Dry. – Once the soil is rinsed away, the rug is dried flat or hung to dry in a controlled environment. Proper drying is essential to avoid unnatural shrinkage.
- Step 8: Finishing. – When rug is dry, it is combed and finished with soft groomers made for specialty rugs.
- Step 9: Post Inspection and Delivery. – Our specialist will give the rug a final inspection and release it for pick up or delivery. Your rug will be wrapped to protect it from airborne soils until it is picked up or delivered. Upon delivery, we will lay the rug for you.
CASH & CARRY DISCOUNT! Save money by bringing your rugs to our facility or having our technician bring it in for you. *Rug must be small enough for tech to get on carpet cleaning van safely. This will save you the pick up charge. There will be a delivery charge, or you may pick the rug up.
Call PDR Services of Texas NOW at (281) 550-6100.